Writer/Director, Bradley King, and Writer/Producer, BP Cooper, join me in Episode 8 for Part 1 of a discussion about their break out feature film, TIME LAPSE.
Bradley King – Writer/Director
Hailing from Los Alamos, New Mexico, Bradley studied animation at the Colorado Institute of Art and then attended the Colorado Film School where he won several student awards for his short films. After moving to Los Angeles, he wrote and directed the film festival winner “Action Figures,” a short comedy about an over-planned yet ill-fated convenience store robbery. He then directed the XBOX / Star Wars viral hit “Thanksgiving Dinner” which became an online sensation garnering millions of web hits. TIME LAPSE is his first feature film. When he grows up he hopes to be a combination of Harry Potter and James Bond. He currently resides in Downtown Los Angeles.
Born in Denver, Colorado, Cooper moved to L.A. and started producing music videos. Eventually moving into commercials and independent films. Under his new production shingle Uncooperative Pictures, he produced and co-wrote the sci-fi thriller TIME LAPSE.
In particular, we chat about:
- The pros and cons of film school
- Making the jump from film school to production in Hollywood
- Keeping the dream alive during your first day job
- Coping with trash and maggots in the early days
- Dealing with festival rejection and cherishing festival success
- So close, yet so far with the reality TV series, ON THE LOT
- Making money to keep the film dream alive
- What the American Midwest and Australia have in common
- Time Lapse website
- Time Lapse on Twitter
- Time Lapse on Facebook
- Bradley King on Twitter
- BP Cooper on Twitter
- Time Travel Movie Time Lapse Explained by Taylor Holmes
If you wanna rent or buy TIME LAPSE, check out:
- iTUNES (AU) – Rent / Purchase
- DVD / BluRay (AU)
- AMAZON (USA) – Instant Video
- ITUNES (USA) – Rent / Purchase (Purchased version from USA iTunes only store contains special features)
- GOOGLE PLAY – Rent / Purchase
- AMAZON (USA) – DVD / BluRay (BluRay from Amazon USA contains special features)
- NETFLIX (USA)
- TIME LAPSE Motion Picture Soundtrack on iTUNES (USA)
Leave me a Rating and Review in iTunes!
It won’t cost you a cent and it makes a big difference. The more you love the show, the higher this podcast is ranked in iTunes which helps new listeners (like you and me) discover it. That’s how I found my favourite shows. Just click the link above. It means a lot to me and the guests on the show.
You can subscribe directly from your phone. If you’ve got an iPhone, click the purple app named Podcasts. If you’ve got a Samsung phone or another Android phone, try the apps Stitcher or Overcast. Both are free. Or find me in iTunes on both Mac or PC. Just search for ‘Ben Phelps’. Then tap SUBSCRIBE or LISTEN LATER. Every time I release a new episode, it’ll appear in your podcast feed. Easy peasy!
GOT SOMETHING TO ADD?
I love sharing stories and fostering discussion. So reach out to discuss this episode or anything else! Try Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or email. The links are in the right column (or the bottom of the screen if you’re reading this on a mobile device).