- The importance of calling yourself a ‘director’ and living as one.
- The value of film school.
- Dealing with rejection.
- Writing within the thriller genre.
- The inspiration behind Crushed.
- Writing habits and dealing with writer’s block.
- Working as both a director and a producer.
- The pros and cons of screening a rough cut.
- Finding your tribe of collaborators.
- Finding your audience.
- The value of ‘event cinema’ to distribute an indie film.
- Crushed on IMDB
- Crushed website
- Crushed on Facebook
- Crushed on Twitter
- Crushed on Instagram
- Crushed on Tumblr
- Megan Riakos on IMDB
- Megan Riakos’ website
- Megan Riakos on Twitter
Leave me a Rating and Review in iTunes!
It won’t cost you a cent and it makes a big difference. The more you love the show, the higher this podcast is ranked in iTunes which helps new listeners (like you and me) discover it. That’s how I found my favourite shows. Just click the link above. It means a lot to me and the guests on the show.
You can subscribe directly from your phone. If you’ve got an iPhone, click the purple app named Podcasts. If you’ve got a Samsung phone or another Android phone, try the apps Stitcher or Overcast. Both are free. Or find me in iTunes on both Mac or PC. Just search for ‘Ben Phelps’. Then tap SUBSCRIBE or LISTEN LATER. Every time I release a new episode, it’ll appear in your podcast feed. Easy peasy!
GOT SOMETHING TO ADD?
I love sharing stories and fostering discussion. So reach out to discuss this episode or anything else! Try Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or email. The links are in the right column (or the bottom of the screen if you’re reading this on a mobile device).